Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year. I hope you spent the summer relaxing, finding time for yourself as well as enjoying family time.
As we begin another school year, we look forward to you being a part of our Pansophia Academy family and hope you become involved in our schools and community. Pansophia Academy is known for its incredible staff with their commitment to their students and families. Pansophia Academy strives to make all students feel valued and appreciated. To those new to our school community, we are looking forward to your contributions to our students and team. Families continue to choose Pansophia because of the caring nature of our staff. We are passionate about ensuring our students have what they need to be successful academically and socially. The emotional well-being of our students is a valued part of the educational process at the academy.
I would like to take a moment to update families on the many changes that are in motion for the new year.
- The elementary students will be part of a newly developed literacy block. Beginning at 8:30, students will have a 2-hour block of time that they will be submerged in all things literacy; from whole group instruction, to centers to interventions in the form of book clubs. Monthly reading and writing celebrations are part of the Literacy focus.
- Our academic expectations for secondary students have been evaluated and adjusted to meet the CCSS and the mission of the academy. Our focus will be timeliness and quality. Weekly Puma Pride opportunities will occur to assist students in reaching acceptable standards.
- The academy leadership has undergone valuable professional development regarding hiring quality teaching professionals. Hiring for Attitude has been our foundation for hiring new staff members for this school year. Please welcome the following staff members to the academy.
- Mr. Esterline: 1st grade
- Ms. Savage: 1st grade
- Mrs. Westfall: 2/3 multi-age
- Mrs. Gale: 4th grade
- Mrs. Shafer: MS English
- Mr. Burke: MS Social Studies/Lego Robotics
- Mrs. Bailey: MS Science/Reading
- Mr. Ewers: HS Science/Athletic Director
- Mrs. Barrand: Office Secretary
- Mrs. Weber: Office Secretary
- Ms. Travis: HS History/Economics
- Mr. Sangster: HS Math
As we continue our goal of continuous school improvement and establishing and academic program that is aligned vertically as well as horizontally, creating a cohesive program for students K-12, we will update you and continue a policy of open communication and community involvement in all aspects of the educational process.